Thread: Heroes
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 09:13 PM   #20
Melanie68
Super Moderator

Oh wow!!

After 3 episodes, I'm still hooked. There are the occasional cliche plot devices:

Spoiler:
The small journal in Moinder's father's laptop that contained a key! How easily Matt the cop convinced the FBI agent he could read people's thoughts. Nikki's story is a little cliched and I find her a bit annoying but I'm still interested in where the cop who pulled her over will be taking her and how Linderman (the guy she owes money to) will figure in all this.

I can't wait to find out more about Sylar:

Spoiler:
That scene in FBI headquarters ended with a surprise and an OMG from me.

With Matt the cop:
Spoiler:
He could hear everyone's thoughts in the bar except for the African-American guys. Who was that?

Also, the ending with the cheerleader. Oh my God!!

The product placement was quite jarring though. The pilot episode was broadcast with limited commercial interruptions and their main ad was for the Nissan Versa. Lo and behold, Hiro and his friend want to rent a car at the airport and they ask for a... Nissan Versa.

The story line is still keeping me hooked. I think this will take us through this season and NBC has the rest of the episodes ordered apparently (so no cancellation) but who knows where the story will go.