View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 04:31 PM   #5
GoT

Send a message via MSN to GoT

Thanks so much for the words of wisdom. Its always good when you're using something more obscure and less known that you will know that the majority of players will be good players (like workstation). I'm unsure if workstation works on linux but im certain it would you should try it. I'm currently playing Timespiral Type II on workstation testing for states which is coming up soon. Its great because magic online wont have TS for quite a while yet and states will be well over by then. So all of the series players are testing decks for states right now on workstation and im assuming - apprentice.

As for other card games i've tried a few over the years - star wars (deciphers), vs, teenage mutant ninja turtles and simpsons and apart from simpsons which is supposed to be a bit of a fun drinking game, the others dont campare as far as series card games go. vs obviously is popular but thats mainly because they've got high money for their pro tours and people pretty much play for that reason OR because its about mainstream popular super heros. i've just found that magic has the best game base to it, its more for adults than children and thus has more complicated combos you can pull off if you know what you're doing and you have to understand it all to even play against these combos.

magic has a new 13+ rating world wide i believe also, so they're definetly aiming at adults now and young teenagers who will hopefully play magic thru all their teen years and continue on to the pro circuit.

I'd love to break into the pro circuit but the truth of the matter is that my uni studies along with work and other commitments wont allow me to become a serious player. perhaps one day when my life is more routine, like when i finish my degree.

anyhow, thanks for the words of wisdom, let me know how you go with the warcraft ccg and you should do a full report on "generic collectible card game" so that we all know more about it.

cheers,

GoT