View Single Post
Old 02-13-2004, 02:57 PM   #45
remixor
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycroft
Hmm...Razor1911 was the oldest(founded in 1985) and most prolific piracy group. This sure is a big blow to the piracy world.

By the way, in my opinion...for a band to survive solely on the revenue collected through tours and concerts, they must be significantly popular in the first place. The "All music should be free" paradigm can only apply to bands which have a well established fan base. As far as integrity of the band goes...they all have their set of rules and paradigms. Some are more stringent than others.

There are different kinds of bands and different kinds of music. Some of which cannot be played live.
I agree with both of your pints, regarding products and regarding feasability of live material. Not all bands are the "singer, guitar, bass, drums" variety. Many bands require sampled material and complex equipment to perform their work. And what about artists who record all their material themselves and thus cannot perform live? Anyway, unweildy ensembles leads to...

Quote:
OT: I noticed that East Hastings was not on the 28 Days Later soundtrack. A coincidence ?
No coincidence at all. GYBE is simply not the sort of band that wants their music put on a soundtrack album. I can understand where they're coming from in that respect. By the way, I have to ask: Did you ascertain that I was referring to Godspeed in one of my previous posts (which I was) or was your question independant of that?

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright