View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 06:27 AM   #12359
rlpw
Creepy Father Figure

This discussion is interesting and I'm enjoying it immensly. I guess the frontier spirit of southern and central US is dominant im my bloodstream.

I for one quit hunting long ago due to the fact that I have family that enjoy it more than I do. This allows me to have venison whenever I want it and the thrill of the kill left me long ago. Though I still do think that a person should have to go out and kill his own food at least once in his life, this would give people even more appreciation of nature and your place in life.

But back on the subject. I am still always in strong belief that if you ever give up your abiltiy to defend yourself to others then all you do is turn into sheep that are fat for the slaughter. I am not in the NRA or anything but this is my opinion. A public that has the ability to arm itself keeps things like totalitarian governments,(ie; Khmer Rouge, Military takeovers, direct military assault from other countries.) from ever having a chance to take control. This is thought by some to be an archaic stance but it is historically accurate. Just ask any country who tried to take over another when every farmer was shooting at you.