View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 05:15 AM   #146
Jatsie
Lovable rogue

It's my anniversary! - That's right, I've been an AG forumite for a whole year! Doesn't the time just fly?

That aside, I'm back to write a little update on my activities. I realised I quite liked doing this, and tried to figure out why. I think it's a combination of several things. The fact I quite like to gossip about things, and this way I can reach a far wider audience than just telling my friends, the fact that I rarely get to express myself in the written form, which I quite enjoy, and lastly, that with more complicated issues, accurately writing them down forces me to explore them more, which is fairly therapeutic.

Now, on with the news. I went out for a meal last night with twenty or so people from my new group of gay friends. The "restaurant" was more like a pub, and the food was mediocre - hardly the haute cuisine I'm used to. We had to order from a "set menu", not something I'm familiar with. I went for the grilled chicken breast, you can't really go wrong with chicken. I wasn't expecting much when you're getting two courses for the grand price of £12. I suppose it was one of those things I can add to my list of experiences.
The company was good however, and that was the important thing really. Lots of laughing, and I am a man who likes to laugh.

After the meal we went to a couple of bars, one in which I rediscovered my previously waning fear of lesbians. The group thinned out after that, and the remainder of us headed to a very strange gay club. The word dive comes to mind, from the decor one might think the look was intentional, but a quick glance at the lavatories would have you rethinking that assessment.
The interior was made to look like you were inside some sort of a cavern, and the dance floor was a pit at one end into which you had to descend via a metal staircase.
I had quite a fun time there, the music was good & the drinks were reasonably priced. Of the three gay clubs I have visited, I think I'd put that one at number two. It wasn't the best looking place, but it had a nice atmosphere. I didn't really drink that much last night, and left probably around 1:30am.

I went shopping earlier in the week and had a nightmarish time. I was all ready to get a new wardrobe and there was just so little choice, it was annoying. I walked away with three measly items. The main cause of my nightmare wasn't the lack of choice though, it was the people, I hate people. I remembered why I seldom go out, every single person that day irritated me. I could moan about them for hours, but I won't - much to your relief I'm sure.

I got a text message this morning from Eric, asking if I want to go out to a club tonight, and I'm in two minds about it. Part of me would like to go out, but another part has apprehensions. If I say yes, I don't want to give him the wrong impression, and if it's just the two of us going then I'll be stuck with him the whole time with no diversions. Plus we're going to the club that ranks third on my list, out of three, so it might not be that fun.
I need to think about it a while longer.

Well that's about all really, If I've missed anything I'll amend this later, I need food now.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena