View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 08:08 AM   #250
Stain
Baddest Badguy Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
Someone informed me that I forgot to put all the MT32 stuff in the zip so the sound in SQ3 is jacked. So you might want to give it one more downlod before you get to SQ3, heh..
That explains why I did not really think too much of the music in SQ3. I had changed it back to Adlib music (having never heard the MT32 music before, I thought that was just the way it was). I'll give the updated patch a try, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
Soooo... I made a stripped down version of this patch, minus the new DOSbox and MT-32 emulation and all that. Just new configs for the games and DOSbox, and a pubic domain genmidi driver for SQ1VGA. I submitted it to Vivendi, and their oh so caring support staff informed me that they don't accept suggestions for improvements from end users.
You'd think they would at least put the info as a sticky in their support forums.

I really bought the SQ games to financially support the idea of making new ones, but the half-assed approach by Vivendi really worries me that I may not want to see their take on a new game. I hate supporting a half-assed product, but I realize this is the closed we have come to getting Vivendi to wake up and make a SQ7 adventure game.

I also bought the King's Quest collection, and I will be mucking around with that launcher as well. I refuse to buy the LSL collection since LSL6 is not the talkie version (also LSL7 is not included, but I have that anyway). I just bought LSL6 (talkie version) off of eBay and I have added it to the launcher as well.

Cheers.