View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 01:43 PM   #45
Squinky
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Are you there, AG Community Blog? It's me, Squinky.

I've been reading through some entries that other people have posted on you, and I must say, it's kind of interesting to get this rare insight into the personal lives and feelings of said people. Contrary to many people's opinions, I actually do enjoy listening/reading to other people talk about themselves.

Well, actually, I seem to have a marked preference for reading other people talk about their feelings rather than simply what they do, as the former is a lot more revealing about people's character than the latter. The latter, for me, is interesting when it pertains to a subject that I actually care about or have some interest in - I'm more likely to listen to someone blabbing about innovation in gaming than to someone blabbing about some band I've never heard of or some wild party that no one would really care about unless they were there.

Feelings, I like better because they're universal and therefore easier to relate to. Maybe I also like them because they're a rare topic, something that only people who have known each other a while and trust one another will divulge. And hearing other people expressing their feelings makes me more confident about divulging my own. After all, mutual self-disclosure is what brings people closer to one another.

I can understand Jelena and Rob's feelings about regret, though. Laying yourself bare and having no one really acknowledge you or reciprocate is kind of scary, especially when it's over the Internet and everyone and their dog could find what you've written if they searched hard enough. And then there's also the inevitable embarrassment of moving past your feelings of the moment and being ashamed of them later. God knows this has happened to me many times - there have been three instances in which I've started a personal journal online only to freak out and delete all the entries in it later.

On a lighter note, I glossed over Jat's entry and read the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
I recognised the majority of the songs, and of those I have most on my mp3 player. They played Madonna, Michael Jackson, Diana Ross & The Supremes, Patti LaBelle, Lionel Richie, Cheryl Lynn, Earth Wind & Fire...
And then in my head, I was like, "OMG! That's practically the mirror image of MY taste in music!" therefore confirming the theory that I must be a gay man trapped in a woman's body, though an unusually prudish one.

And with that thought, I bid you adieu, AG Community Blog. And to a certain number one fan of mine who I'm sure is going to post in here right after me, hello, and how are things?