View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 02:20 AM   #4
remixor
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad
Runaway, Tony Tough, Journey to the Centre of the Earth, Midnight Nowhere, Salammbo, Post Mortem. All got pros and cons. Runaway got the best reviews, Tony Tough got a large number of positive ones as well. The two last ones are 1st person games. Syberia and Broken Sword 3 were mentioned above.
I think BS3 got better reviews than Runaway, but you may have only been referring to the games in your post.

to michael1123: I cannot in good conscience fail to mention that in my opinion, you should only play Runaway if you don't mind absurd pixel-hunting and nothing but simple inventory-based puzzles, as well as completely one-dimensional characters and a pretty sketchy plot. The backgrounds look very nice, if that's important. Also, BS3 has many, many crate puzzles; that bothered some, didn't bother others.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright