View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 10:46 AM   #302
Shamir Shamazel

Now I've been stumped by many a puzzle in my time, but one of the puzzles that always stuck out in my mind as impossible without a walkthrough is in KQ7.

Towards the end of the game when you're playing as Valanice in Etheria this one puzzle has so many different, and seemingly unrelated, parts that if you completed it without any hints, then I tip my hat to you!

Spoiler:
First, after traveling to Etheria, you have to climb the warped tree and grab some ambrosia. Then a little later you come across some little flying dragonettes. If you give some ambrosia to these dragonettes, they'll play a song. REMEMBER THAT SONG THOUGH!! Cause just a little bit later you come across a harp, and clicking on the strings will play a different note. Now this part takes a little trial and error, but you have to click on the strings in an order which plays a tune that is the same as the first four notes of the dragonettes song (I believe it also sounds similar to the background music at the time). Now ifyou manage to successfully do this, the orb atop the harp will glow. Click on the orb and WHOOSH, you're teleported away, and you've completed the puzzle. But the fact that playing the harp strings gives you no indication that you're doing anything remotely correct until you've played the entire sequence correctly, makes this puzzle a little to difficult for my wee brain....