View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 02:16 AM   #37
marsan

lol. That's true. It was a little of this you mention on the first two games as well, but not as much. I remember in Broken Sword 1, to even be able to go to Ireland you first had to do research about the stuff you saw on the manuscript. Then you had to find out what it meant. Then find out where the tripod in the museum(that you found from doing the research) was digged up. It was this entire logical chain before he went on a trip to any place. Something that at least made me feel like: If I was him, and was just as little afraid of my own life, I would have done the same to find out this stuff.

In the last game he seems more like an crazy adventure seeker who just seeks all over the place, and hopes luck will help him find gold. He seemed that way a bit in Broken Sword 2 as well. I still don't remember the reason why they went to quaramonthe(hopefully that's correct spelling), but I think it was only based on a paper saying it would be an eclipse there and the statue he found when he rescued Nico. Also, that little kid kept mentioning it. I think also Nico had some information about the shipping to that place. Still, I wouldn't go to a place I never been to before because of so unreliable facts. What ticked me was that Cecil kept on saying how they had learned from their mistakes and that this would be much better than the third game. Instead it just seems like they have implemented all the irrational things you could possible find in the third game and also partly in the second game. For me, only the first Broken Sword is the really true Broken Sword. But the others are fun too. This one included.

Last edited by marsan; 09-24-2006 at 02:35 AM.