View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 06:23 PM   #288
Davies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
Other puzzles that REALLY irritates me are in Ghost master: (not a adventure game I know, but) getting the person who whizzles the correct tune to enter the room with the dead pianist(Edit: I actually managed to free him, and it was on purpose! (I think.. )), or scaring the mafia boss into the room where he's supposed to gamble(This one I haven't been able to free).. Even walkthroughs can't tell you the correct way to achive this.. or next level in the hospital, where you're supposed to get the kid to leave the bathroom and go to the other kid (I know there's a different solution to this one, I just can't bring myself to continue the game..)
The gambling is the easiest part of the yacht level, and you should do it first before working on anything else. Don't try to force anybody into the roulette room - people will keep drifting in on their own as long as they're not scared. You need to use Lucky the cat, and attach him (her?) to the roulette wheel, then use her (his?) Luckstorm powers only. Don't use any scary electrical powers. When a luck-enhanced person comes to gamble, they'll win. It doesn't have to be the boss.

The whistling chef is just annoying. All you can do is set a ghost in the piano room to cause as much attraction as possible, but I don't think this does much good, because the piano room is so far away from where the action is. It's mainly just a question of waiting until the chef wanders in by himself. He will eventually.

In the hospital level, notice that the bully tends to spend a lot of time hanging around in the bathroom. Use the Fetch (mirror ghost - can't remember her name), attach her to the mirror in that bathroom, and have her duplicate his form (can't remember the name of the power either! but you know what I mean). He will faint and she will pick up the toy bunny and leave with it. This duplicate power is expensive, so as soon as she's far enough away, bench her. The bunny will be left on the floor. Eventually someone else will pick it up. What you're hoping for is that the person who picks it up is someone who will go into the male ward. If a female patient has the bunny, you can scare her enough so she'll drop it. As soon as anyone brings the bunny through the door of the male ward, it will be returned to its rightful owner.

Or you could just scare the bully enough to make him drop the toy, but this is less elegant, and he is more likely to pick it up again when he calms down.

One good bit of strategy in the hospital level is to use Clatterclaw the spider, and post her in the stairwell, using all her powers (which is still very cheap to run). There's plenty of people coming and going on the stairs, and they'll get creeped out every time. This will help keep your power level up without much trouble or supervision, and without scaring too many people away too early.