View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 05:53 PM   #76
Aj_
Beyond Belief

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw
Well I was wondering (and prob out of line for doing so) if this is a normal thing for that region of Europe or not.
Hygiene is a personal choice, I'm not aware of any cultural difference across Europe in this regard. Not changing clothes can be a sign of poverty. Why would this be troubling you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakSquash
I find that people who wash their hands a lot tend to get sick more often.
Like doctors and nurses? I know what you're getting at, but seriously, it's for the best if you wash your hands after certain actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
But as far as rlpw's observation of those Czech representatives, I think they should be ashamed of themselves. They are representing their company and, coming from their country, ambassadors in a sense. They should've demonstrated a clean, professional image as such, and if I had been their boss and found out about this I would've been so embarrassed and forced them to clean up their act. It makes my company look bad, and it makes my country look bad.
We pledge allegiance to the fatherland and mothercorp, we represent the collective, act, speak, think the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucyminx
I'm from Malaysia where it's an extremely hot country so we have our bath twice a day... seriously, it's really icky if you don't. And you very rarely see anyone wearing the same clothes twice in a week.

But in Russia, it seems that it's the norm to for them to wear the same outfit all week long. I hate to sound really rude, but some of them even have a disagreeable smell. I really have no idea how often it is for them to take their bath (and I'm not sure I want to find out), but I was told that it's not frequent. I assume that it must be due to the cold climate? I really don't know.
Are you comparing students in Russia to a normal sample of Malaysians? I find that people complain about students in most Western countries, or young people in general where childhood is longer than usual.

Last edited by Aj_; 09-23-2006 at 06:11 PM.