View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 05:21 PM   #75
Stoofa
Roar?

I shower twice a day sometimes (always in the morning, sometimes a hot shower after work when I'm stressed or feel gross). I only wash my hair every 2 days though or it gets huge and frizzy.

I think it's too easy for North Americans to eat poorly. Especially kids. It really annoys me when you go to a restaurant and the kids menu food is all crap like hot dogs. Schools are just now starting to serve healthy food in their cafeterias When I was in school the cafeteria served fries, chicken nuggets, pizza, or poutine. Chips were offered but not chocolate bars because chips were supposedly better for your teeth. Of course that doesn't stop kids in the city from taking their lunch money and going to KFC and getting a toonie tuesday meal of fried chicken and fried potatoes.

I was a grocery store cashier for 2 years and I noticed that people do eat pretty well in general, lots of produce and healthy grains. Those that buy groceries anyway. However I also noticed that a lot of people bought a lot of shit food marketed for kids that claimed to be healthy like "fruit" gummy candies or that awful Sunny D.

Oh and most of my friends that eat unhealthily do so because they honestly have no idea how to cook. I've taught male friends how to cook before, they really had no idea even how to make scrambled eggs.