View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 09:24 AM   #46
Jelena
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakSquash View Post
First off, I think you're lying. Perhaps you were offended by the original comments, and went for the typical and sadly easy throat of the whole "fat Americans" thing, or maybe you were just trying to be snide and sarcastic, but I don't care what country you're in, unless it's a country who has a steady diet of shit, nobody except maybe unsupervised 12-year-olds bring chocolate bars and "crisps" (whatever that is) for lunch. Fish, bread, soup and pasta dishes are ALSO typical American dishes, so I find it hard to believe that they were freaked out by this and decided to stick with their safe chocolate bars.

Sure, you'll deny lying, but since you seem to be rather bad at it, you might as well not waste your time...unless trep is the only one reading into it.
Did you not read my post about my visit to Russia and my experience there? Would I have written that if I was offended about what rlpw wrote. You on the other hand seem pretty offended.
And no, I'm not lying about the US teachers having chocolate bars, crisps (perhaps that's the British expression for what we call chips. I thought that would be understood) and coca cola for lunch.
You can also read my reply to tabacco where I acknowledges his remark that the teachers may have been cautios about our kind of food and played it safe by bringning their own.

Perhaps you have a much bigger issue with the sadly easy throat of the whole "fat Americans" thing than I have.

You got one thing right though, I'm not good at lying so I don't do it!