View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 09:04 AM   #40
SakSquash
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
I have a a similar question for you Americans.
We had a couple of teachers (really nice people) from The USA visiting our school a couple of days two years ago. They were invited to eat with us, but they said that they had brought therir own food which was fine with us. They still decided to eat together with the children. In Swcan consist of for instance: meatballs and potatoes and sauce, different fish dishes, soup and bread, pasta dishes. All and all it's healthy food. While we're eating, the americans took out chocolate bars and small bags of crisps (expr?) and to go with it, coca cola. My students were quite upset that the visitors got to eat goodies like that, while they were having the fish or whatever was served that day.
My question: Is chocolate bars, crisps and coca cola a normal lunch for an average american?
First off, I think you're lying. Perhaps you were offended by the original comments, and went for the typical and sadly easy throat of the whole "fat Americans" thing, or maybe you were just trying to be snide and sarcastic, but I don't care what country you're in, unless it's a country who has a steady diet of shit, nobody except maybe unsupervised 12-year-olds bring chocolate bars and "crisps" (whatever that is) for lunch. Fish, bread, soup and pasta dishes are ALSO typical American dishes, so I find it hard to believe that they were freaked out by this and decided to stick with their safe chocolate bars.

Sure, you'll deny lying, but since you seem to be rather bad at it, you might as well not waste your time...unless trep is the only one reading into it.