View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 07:26 PM   #8
Flyboy
Live Slow Die Old

I had a friend here in Montreal who never wiped his ass and didn't wash his hair. But then he went and skinned a cat for an art project, so I can't say that he was a particularly good representative of normality.

I don't think it's necesary to get mad at rlpw for asking this question. People have different customs around the world and do things that we might not understand at first. If everyone you have ever known from one place acts a certain way, then it's logical that you might question whether this is standard behaviour over there. Hence the question. If you only knew 3 chinese people and they all eat dogs, then you might assume that everyone from China does the same, even though this clearly isn't the case.

No one's saying Germans don't shower. No one's even saying that the Czech don't shower. Rlpw was simply commenting on something he thought was unusual and hoping that someone living in the region could either back up or dispell his observations.

I spent some time in Prague, and from what I remember, yes, they certainly do shower and change their clothes. They also drink like fish.