View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 01:30 PM   #32
Hiro Protagonist

Send a message via AIM to Hiro Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDave View Post
I find the choice (or as indicated above, maybe they had no choice) of a 640x480 resolution for Al Emmo interesting. It would seem to me that, theoretically, that would be a problem for most modern systems these days: Either your video card doesn't have a 640x480 option (I don't mean you can't run 640x480, I just mean there's no selection for it in Graphics Properties) and you will be running under at least 800x600 (hence a window) and/or your monitor, most likely nowadays a flat-screen, will both not have a 640x480 setting and it certainly won't be the native setting of the monitor (thus the image will be in a pixelated window). I'm aware that some monitors will scale a 640x480 upwards to full-screen, but you still get a pixelated image!

Of course, there is the possibility that a lot of people are running old systems with 640x480-capable video cards & good ole CRTs that run 640x480 or, like me, have a selection of older laptops that will do the job.

So, what kind of image are people getting when they run Al Emmo? Normal? A window? Pixelated full-screen?
i ran the game on a 19" flat screen and while it was a little pixelated from going full screen, it wasn't as bad as i would have thought...