View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 03:10 AM   #50
bulldog
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoofa
I'm 28 and I'm also sewing a quilt right now. Mine has huge squares (16" x 16") and they're all made of hilariously ugly fabric like half naked space barbarellas. I'll post a picture when I'm done. I just picked up some deep turquoise backing fabric and I have to pre-wash that with colour fastener before I start putting everything together. My quilt top's done, thank God. Cutting out squares is a pain in the arse, which is why my squares are so gigantic.

I've been knitting for years, most of my girl friends knit as well. It has become pretty hip for young women to knit, especially in my indie-nerd circle. We all knit cool stuff, no grandma or frumpyish clothes allowed. One of my friends knits at hip hop shows. I find that hilarious.

I actually moved to this apartment because my favourite knitting store is across the road. Heh.

I want to take textile design and crafting at art school eventually. I love making things with my hands and I really love sewing. I'm still a bit crap at it, but it's very satisfying to sew and I love scouring eBay for neat fabric.
Hey that sounds like me, you know checking out ebay for the fabric. I also check for other sewing things. I’ll let you know if I come across something you might like.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky