View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 09:57 AM   #16
bulldog
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakSquash
I wasn't going to say something rude...at least...I don't it's rude.

I was just going to say I hate it when women get to their 30s (espc if they're married and/or moms) and they feel like they have to resign to a life of quilting and driving minivans. You're still a young chick with lots of spring in your step. So forget the quilting and take up something a little more fitting to your age...like skiing or rock climbing.
Thank you for not being rude. Just b/c I turned 30 (and I’m a mom) I don’t drive a Mini Van – I wear Mini skirts though…… anyway back to the point. I am making the quilt for my mother b/c I have never done it and I wanted to try something new. That’s all. I do have a lot of spring in my step; I just thought that I would take a whirl at something just a little different. But again thank you for not being a jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Erm, sakturd, she has a brown belt in Karate with plans to graduate to a black belt. Don't f*** with this 30 year old.
dude, I took my test on Saturday for my second strip on my brown belt (my Black Belt test is in November). I think I did well. Of course when it came to fighting, I did well I think. There is a girl in our class that is a second strip brown belt and she is kind’ a, well (not a fighter). But the teachers told her that she was going to have to get more aggressive to fight me b/c I was not going to stand there and let her hit me. Anyway to make a long story short, she was standing there and I told her “you better come after me or I will have you for lunch” and she kept pissing around so I charged at her. She turned her head and tried to duck my punch, but she was not quick enough and when I did my punch I had a handful of her hair in my hand (I really did not realize it at the time) and I ripped about 20 or 30 strands of hair out by the root. I felt kind of bad after I did it, but she is now the same rank as I am so she should have know better then try and duck and cover bit. But anyway it was a great test and I think that I did great.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky