Thread: Syberia sucks!
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 08:42 AM   #60
AprilLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostwolfe
to be fair, i didn't play the whole of [even] the first game. and here's why:.]
Playing the WHOLE game is important to enjoying the experience. However, I do know what it's like to not want to finish a game.
Quote:
every time i had to endure her, which was, naturally, for the whole game, i wanted to curl up into a little foetal ball and cry. she was so /bland./ my goodness. it was like they'd fed her a pill and said, "ok, kate. now be the blandest kate you can."]
Interesting! For me, she was opposite of bland. I loved her voice which was nuanced ... at times Kate seemed cynical, at times her voice smiled, sometimes she seemed a little gruff, but mostly she was very kind and patient. If you want bland, try Ann Smith of Paradise (at least in the early stages of this game.)
Quote:
she broke with everyone she knew. but /why?/ was there ever any compellnig reason for her to do so? [boyfriend aside.] and did she /learn/ anything from her experience? did /we/ learn anything from her experience? i highly doubt it.]
I think Kate was dissatisfied with her life because she always did what was expected of her. Since she didn't have a vision of her own, she was drawn to someone who did. The process of helping Hans achieve his goal freed Kate to seek her own desires. In the end, she might even go back to being a lawyer. It’s just that sometimes you have to break away from all that you know in order to return to it as an independent and self-fulfilled person.

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)