Thread: Syberia sucks!
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 04:57 AM   #53
AprilLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risingson
The ending rounded the game a lot. It was misty, just some shapes going to neverwhere. Death. Death of Voralberg? Not at all: death of Kate Walker.
I like your assessment of all this. When you say death of Kate Walker, I see that it’s true, in a sense. I take this to mean death of the old Kate who was tied to other peoples’ expectations. Through helping Hans, she achieved the freedom to follow her own path, whatever that might be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risingson
And those two games are two milestones of something I doubt even Sokal will better (seing how disastrous Paradise is)
Just started Paradise so I might change my opinion later. Although the art remains exceptional, even such basics as Ann calling all the women in the harem “he” instead of “she” is annoying and poor editing to say the least. I’m really hoping it gets better. I get the feeling that the creators of something really good don’t understand how this was achieved because the follow-ups, by these same people, rarely meet the standards that they themselves have set.

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)