Thread: Syberia sucks!
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 11:30 AM   #48
Wreck
Shady AGP

Send a message via AIM to Wreck

Remember people...

Graphics do not make a game ground breaking. Jurassic Park was 1993. We've had CG Animation and beautiful graphics in movies and games for years. Music is not ground breaking. Just because Syberia or The Longest Journey have "pretty graphics" does NOT qualify them to sit in a hall of fame shelf with games that could literally rack your brain for hours figuring out a great puzzle.

I can make pretty graphics. I do it daily as my job. My work is not ground breaking just because it's pretty. When you're playing Longest Journey, why couldn't they have come up with a clever way to let the player handle the teleporting from Stark to Arcadia? Remember Kings Quest 6? Gosh you could map jump to every island back and forth and work and work to try to figure out what to do next and guess what, if you went into the Catacombs without the hole in the wall, you were f**ked!

The games made you think and check your pocket.

In Longest Journey, it only lets you travel between worlds when "it is time", and the puzzles are so scarce that, AND I'M SORRY, but I fall asleep during games like this and Syberia.

Yes, I love them all, but you don't take great gamemaking like Loom or FOA and throw Syberia next to it because someone cuz use Lightwave, Maya, or 3DMax well and do pretty graphics. Remember, every piece of art in Kings Quest 6 was handpainted!
www.josephgoss.com