View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 08:57 AM   #70
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

Re : The Twin Towers must have been blown up from inside.

It would be more accurate to say that no PROPERLY BUILT tall tower would just fall down like that. Study of the structure of the original building shows there were flaws in its construction. These flaws were such that damage to a few key structural elements would cause the floors above the damage to collapse very much in the way they eventually did. The downward pressure from those floors collapsing would be more than enough to bring down the floors below the initial damage.

So explosives inside would not have been needed to cause the collapse as it happened. They would have moved the process along but they weren't an invevitable requirement.

Re : Does it matter who says somthing?

Well, yes it does and for precisely the reason that this subject was raised. For an independent review it is not enough for an individual to know they are acting independently. They have to be SEEN to be independent. If there personal position is such that the public could perceive them to have a bias then any results they produce will be viewed with suspicion. It's a key part one of the things I do for a living (auditing). We have to give up auditing jobs where we could be seen as having a conflict of interest (audit client that's a large part of our turnover for example) even when we know we would act impartially.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree