View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 06:36 AM   #68
UPtimist
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUGAtes13
and uptimist, what you said about nukes was fucking stupid.
Yet, there is truth to it. If something doesn't happen soon, very soon, things will be quite desperate. Of course I wouldn't actually want that, but if something doesn't happen to the population, the Earth will be doomed in a shorter time you can imagine. Even though I wouldn't actually do that, I think what Pentti Linkola suggests about for example aid to development countries should be stopped except for contraceptives, tree planting and guarding the trees so that they won't be cut right after isn't too bad an idea. However, I am not saying I want that to be done, I'm just saying that I understand that point of view, as I do the other.

Just like global warming. Many experts say that if nothing is done within about ten years, it will be too late.

And if it's between people (but not all of course) dying and the Earth saved, and the people saved but the Earth dying, I would choose the first alternative. If nothing else, when the Earth dies so will the population. All population, not just people.