View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 03:42 PM   #65
Durandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
You want facts?

ABC hired as co-executive producer Thomas H. Kean, the Republican who chaired the Sept. 11 commission, but no Democratic members of the panel.
You need to learn how to objectively evaluate someone's argument, while keeping their perspective in mind as a frame of reference for context. Judge what the person says, not who says it. Entirely negating anything someone says who is not in your political party of preference stifles political debate in this country.

Quote:
Read this letter from Bill Clinton's Lawyer to ABC.
http://www.tpmcafe.com/blog/election...o_abc_obtained
Clinton is right that certain specific details were changed. However, I have seen in other documentaries that the Clinton administration did not give the order to kill Bin Laden when they had the chance. In all fairness, there was a good chance of collateral damage. If you combine this with the fact that he was facing impeachment, it would have been political suicide. But then again, I saw these documentaries on the ultra conservative PBS, so they have no merit, right

Quote:
Scholastic distanced itself away from the path to 911 after it learned of its in -accuracies.
They distanced themselves after they faced heavy political pressure and lawsuits.

Quote:
Want more?
American Airlines threatens suit against ABC because of the Path to 911
http://killfile.newsvine.com/_news/2...er-path-to-911
[/QUOTE]

Of course they are. It's horrible PR. There were specific details that were changed, but the main idea of the film segments were correct. Warnings did come up on the computers when they checked in, but the operating procedure at the time was to make sure they got on the planes with their checked luggage. The reason being that no sane person would blow up the plane with them inside. The terrorists set off the metal detector alarms, yet were quickly wanded and waived through.

I'm not blaming the Clinton administration or the airlines. I'm not looking for anyone to blame. It is important that we evaluate our past mistakes so that we can learn how to best protect ourselves in the future. The best way to do this is through honest debate. Unfortunately, the political left and right in this country have made this virtually impossible.