View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 07:37 AM   #44
CaptainBinky

Hmmm... now that was an interesting post, and you make your points very well and they're valid.

Quote:
I just think you'll have a hard time with her looks being such an important aspect of the story and still manage not to make a commentary (intentionally or not) on what you guys think a woman should or should not look like.
This girl is not the only female character in the game, but given that she is the player character she obviously suffers from being the point of focus. For Mia to represent a commentary on what we think women should look like, then logically she would have to have greater successes or failures comparitavely than the other women in the game. This may or may not be the case in the game, I'd rather not say Suffice to say, we don't believe we are implying intentionally or unintentionally that all woman should be tall with big boobs in this game in the same way that Time Bandits isn't saying anything about little people And before I get flamed for mentioning our game in the same sentance as Gilliam's film - it's the first example that came to mind cos I watched it on DVD last night

But I do seriously take your points, and we'll strive doubly hard to make sure that the tone of the game is such that any points which we are trying to make, come across correctly. Here's to hoping... <chink>

Cheers,

Cap'n Binky