View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 07:40 PM   #22
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakSquash
I've heard many reports that you're a dumbass.
Hey, don't fuck with it, Saks. Please mind your manners and you'll maintain some respect around here, okay? This isn't the 3DRealms or Gamespy forums so knock it off.

Anyway, last night I watched that documentary aired on CBS about these two brothers (they had French accents) who were filming a particular fire house in NYC to show how firefighters develop deep friendship, camaraderie, and bonds. As it happened, they were called in when the WTC was attacked, and the filmmakers ended up being the very first ones with footage. One brother captured the towers, the other was actually inside it with the firefighters. So in effect the whole thing was told from the firefighters' point of view.

It was agonizing to watch, but at the same time so very heartwarming, how these guys - ordinary guys with family - risked their lives and the crippling emotional toll they endured. Half the time I was crying while watching it.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 09-11-2006 at 08:03 PM.