View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 12:12 PM   #8
redhotray
Part time writer for hire

Send a message via AIM to redhotray Send a message via MSN to redhotray Send a message via Yahoo to redhotray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux
I think it's actually cute =^_^=

There are only a few things that sadden me: one is that all the boxed-minded people in this world (and there are a LOT of them out there) will NEVER accept it and would mock the shit out of the kid (and pubescent adolescent), and two is that it's not very catchy. Calling in version 2.0 for diner will be a hassle.
I would definately say that it's an original concept. Personally, if I had a child, I wouldn't call it Version 2.0! However, if that is how a parent wishes to label his/her child, then fair enough. It's no worse than having 8 George Foreman Jnrs I s'pose! LOL

I just can't help but feel a bit sorry for the kid after reading the excerpt. It just felt like the child was being labelled as a computer, and not a living/breathing, human entity. That, in itself, is a little distressing.

In the World of today, that kid is going to go through emotional HELL at school! Something, that nobody needs...

Whatever the case maybe, it seems like Mattitude (Injoke for WWE fans) is indeed infecting us all!