Old 09-10-2006, 10:56 PM   #28
samIamsad
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo
I think the second one takes place
Spoiler:
... only weeks after the barrier fell.
Yay! I'm still in chapter 1, but according to the map I've bought recently (for like 250 bucks, :eek: I'm poor!) I have seen most parts of Khorinis. Except for the wood area in the North and, well the Northern area in general. Most memorable moments so far:

* I came to a bridge and some bandit wanted me to pay a toll. Me: "No way!" And so I beat the sh*t out of him. Then I heard something from behind. It was one of these nasty Lurker creatures! I quickly backed off in the nearby undergrowth and watched it feeding on the bandit's corpse. When it was finished, I waited until it creepd away and came out again. That was close. Phew!

* Strolling the countryside for the first time at night and reaching an inn. Some torches were lit outside, the moon was shining... I don't know, that just had me totally in awe. Beautiful.

* Again at night in the woods. Yes, I'm a sucker for walks in the woods. Gothic 2 has tons of them! And they're really dense, too! Yummy. Anyway, some really strange green-ish lighting was going on in there. It looked as if the place was haunted. There was a stone circle somewhere. And after I realized that the place was occupied by goblin skeletons, and I just couldn't see much of anything, and woods at night are CREPPY, I quickly ran away. I'll be back! In daylight, that is.

* And most of all: Banging the wench in the brothel.
Spoiler:
Kidding. Well, actually, that's still high on my list of things to do.

While the world isn't as massive as in Morrowind for instance, it's still pretty darn impressive that there seem to be literally NO loading pauses or bars or anything such in the game. Damn immersive, everything of that. Also: Thread resurrection for the win!

Last edited by samIamsad; 09-10-2006 at 11:06 PM.