View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 01:04 AM   #13
insane_cobra
gin soaked boy

Tried it out, but won't be buying it. Aside from the fact that most of my previous concerns haven't been addressed at all, I just don't find the game fun enough to play. It's like Pac-Man with quests, only not as challenging. I thought the gameplay would be somewhat deeper in the final version, but apparently not. Sure looks nice, though.

The price is also a little steep, I'd rather get Armadillo Run or Eets for that kind of money (or Half-Life 2: Episode One, but that's not really a fair comparison). Truth be told, I wouldn't consider buying it even if it was much cheaper, it's just too clumsy and doesn't really appeal to me. Sorry. But good luck with it all the same. Have you thought about selling it through Manifesto Games? Or are you tied exclusively to 720 games?

...aaaand a litle bug report. The bottom part of the startup screen was still burried under the Windows taskbar so I couldn't see which key to press to continue. Even when I set the taskbar to auto-hide, the bottom part wouldn't show, but the title bar appeared so I finally solved it by dragging the whole window a little higher.

When I opened the terminal menu in the first room, I tried to close it by pressing Esc, but that brought up the main game menu on top of that one and messed up its graphics. Pressing Esc again closed them both.

When you pick up a diamond, the number that appears says "10", but the diamond counter in the interface increases by only 1. It's confusing.