View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 06:32 PM   #26
bysmitty
Bad command or file name

@ Jelena: I agree with Huz. ScummVM is the way to play BS1. I just replayed it two weeks ago and it ran flawlessly using Scumm. The details on how to install and play it are on the ScummVM website. Just post if you have any questions.

@ Huz: Since I posted that, Intel released its new Core 2 Duo processors and they are ungodly fast. Even a mid range C2D wipes the floor with the fastest AMD offering. If you want future proof, pick up any CPU in the core 2 duo family. They run $200 - $1000. If you go this route, make sure the motherboard you get is socket 775 and C2D compatible. Memory is regular DDR2.
AMD's AM2 isn't licked though. All the athlon 64 processors are still very fast and the speed difference won't be very noticeable in games anyways as games are all video card dependent now. The other benefit of AMD is that their prices are much cheaper than Intel's new blistering CPUs. AMD chips start at $80 for 3000+ and go up to $800 for a fx62. The $150 3800 x2 is the current sweet-spot. You need AM2 specific motherboards and DDR2 memory for these CPUs.

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!