View Single Post
Old 02-03-2004, 10:59 PM   #102
tabacco
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialFreak
Thanks, That would be cool. Are there any general things a visitor should know?
Well, firstly, you're going to be at Disneyland on my birthday

Well, one big thing you're going to want to realize is that both Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad are going to be closed. Space is down until '05 while it's rebuilt from the ground up (inside, anyway). Thunder is down because of the accident last year (Actually, the ride is theoretically ready to reopen now, but they've taken the opportunity to do a total refurbishment, so it should look brand new when it reopens in late March). On top of that, the Indiana Jones Adventure will be closed as well. Again, a huge refurbishment/restoration. So, not so great a time in terms of ride closures. On the other hand, it's one of the slowest times of the year, so wait times shouldn't be very long anywhere else.

Check out:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/...submitted=true
for info on what's closed, plus showtimes (it's showing the 10 days following 2/16, but you can change that). I highly recommend seeing Fantasmic! (which I think runs Fri-Sun, twice nightly). It's an incredibly cool show. I also recommend seeing the Aladdin stage show if you're going over to California Adventure (sit front orchestra if you can, and front mez if not. There are effects overhead you'll want to see ). Also, make an effort to see Billy Hill and the Hillbillies in Frontierland. I know, it sounds stupid, but you have to try it. This should give you an idea

As for food, I'd suggest the Blue Bayou restaurant if you've got the money to spare for a nice lunch/dinner one day. apart from that, you're best off leaving the park for most meals. There aren't many places in the actual parks with good breakfast or lunch options, so you're way better off hitting either Downtown Disney (The Rainforest Cafe there has good breakfasts) or one of the restaurants on Harbor Blvd. (Except Dennys... they suck.)

Um... the only other things I can think of to suggest are to stay til closing if you can, because the lines only get shorter after dark.