View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 11:07 AM   #9
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

Well I've reached the end so here are some fuller comments.

The visual look is very striking. The museum itself has a very realistic feel about it (except for only being able to move from room to room using the map which I wasn't so keen on). The individual fragments had their own visual styles which showed a marvellous consistency. I think keeping a consistent look for each fragment but having the looks distinct (apart from the reuse of an image but with different colours) made a big difference. One, of course, could be considered to be completely consistent.

The puzzles showed an interesting approach. It could be argued that persistent clicking could have solved the entire game but that's true of a lot of games. I didn't have problems with any of them but I've proved adept at non-inventory games in the past.

The writing was interesting and often thought-provoking. I found the writing in the sepia village section especially good in this respect. The black-and-white hotel also proved especially good at conveying a mental mood, aided by the changes in the rooms as you progressed through this fragment.

I'm not sure how I feel about the ending. I think I need to do a playthrough at one sitting to give a proper, well thought out view on it.

Overall I found it an enjoyable, if somewhat unorthodox, experience.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree