View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 06:59 AM   #10
pinkgothic
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

No iPod, but an mp3 player. Accordingly, it changes fairly often, as quarter of a gigabyte doesn't get you that far. But often found on it:

1 . a-ha - Cosy Prisons
A track from the recent 'Analogue' album - and absolutely gorgeous. Very melancholic, pretty, and with heavy use of metaphors. "Every perfect moment is a hidden warning..." Video, Lyrics
2 . Noel Gallagher - Teotihuacan
Seven minute long instrumental piece, some of the best music I've come across. Snagged this out of the X-Files 'Fight the Future' Soundtrack, which I generally recommend, as it's got some very cool and unusual tracks strewn across it. This ranks high on my 'favorite songs ever' list.
3 . Michael Bross - Fight of the Native Village
Taken from the Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath ST which is available for free on the oddworld site of their first ten years. When you're there, download the rest of the Stranger's Wrath soundtrack, most of it's is wickedly worth it.
4 . Twice A Man - Kula World, Second area
Kula World has an amazing soundtrack for a puzzle game. It rivals Tetris with incredible electronic ease, and makes Kula World about ten times as awesome as it would be without the music. I can't link to this, but I do have permission to give it out to KW-music-loving people, so if anyone wants a listen, let me know in PM.
5 . Labyrinth of Time ST - ...some specific track I've nick'ed Vague Knowledge...
I'd get more specific, but the only way I could clearly identify a LoT track was by it's position in the ordering of songs, as there is no binding of tracks to location or comparable. Years of playing it at random intervals has me associate certain tracks with certain areas, though, so my personal library of LoT mp3s is labelled with fancy names like this one, which I associate with the orbital library. But they're all good, and, sadly, all short. Nor are they original work - they're 'just' well-chosen.
6 . James Maker & Noko 440 - White Nigger (Mix #14)
Unsharable. Doesn't exist. Sorry. A while ago, I would've been able to link you guys to the lyrics of it, at least, but that page is ex. Maybe if you happen to know where James Maker is now, you could petition he plop all the unreleased songs into mp3 circulation, Noko be damned, and then run far, far away. ...oh wait, he's already done latter. Heh. Well, on the upside, maybe BoyToy will strangle me for posting about this in the first place. Mmm, violence.
7 . Jeff Wayne - Dead London (Apollo Four Forty Mix)
Well, I don't know about you, but Jeff Wayne + Apollo 4 40 equals sheer awesomeness in my book. Actually, this mix breaks continuity a slight bit (you'll notice if you ever listen to it), and it doesn't change the original by vast amounts, just enough to improve it a touch - and then, this track is guilty because I love the words. Eh, what am I saying! I love War of the Worlds completely. Ignore my ramblings.
8 . Lisa Lougheed - Run With Us
C'mon, one can't not love this 80s song. I stumbled across it because I used to be an avid Raccoons watcher, and they used this track as their theme song. It just doesn't get boring. It's the only believable happy song ever written. *sage nod* You better believe it.
9 . Venus - Beautiful Days
Sick, twisted, but absolutely lovely. It's actually not seen the circuitry of my mp3 player, but since I've been playing it more or less non-stop since someone stole it off the 'net for me (it's on the end credits of Immortal ad vitam, so I'd not call it illegal on my part ), I predict it will get put onto said mp3 player whenever I'm going out the house again on my own and by foot/train.
10 . Leftfield/Lydon - Open Up (For Your Ears Only Mix)
Off-tune wickedness. 'nuff said.

I can't post about songs without getting into details!
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™

Last edited by pinkgothic; 08-29-2006 at 07:06 AM.