View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 02:38 AM   #31
Kurufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
Starting with the obvious ones, #1 is er... "Wagner's" opera from Gabriel Knight 2, and #2 is "A pirate I was meant to be" from The Curse of Monkey Island.
You're late.
Quote:
Am I right in thinking that some extracts are just 1 or 2 seconds long?
Anything from 4-5 seconds to 40ish. I don't think there's anything 2 seconds long, though.
Quote:
5. Neverhood?
Definitely (main theme).
Quote:
Another which sounds familiar is 14(ish). (the one that starts at about 4:00) Prisoner of Ice?
(#13) Yes, it really has POI written all over it (I think). Any idea on the location?
Quote:
Is the medieval-sounding piece at 4:50 Conquests of the Longbow?
(#16) Yes, and if you'd taken part in the playthrough, you'd know where exactly.
Quote:
I'll go with Broken Sword 3 ending credits for #34 (the rock song).
Sorry, no.
Quote:
About two tunes before it I can hear an extract from Marvin Gaye's beautiful Nature Boy, which was used in Faust, chapter 3.
(#31) A memorable part from a memorable game.
Quote:
Could the last one be Monkey Island 2, from the Captain Dread's boat?
Shame on you! It's the whistle from the intro and conclusion (where the game gives you lots of suggestions to lead a more interesting life).
Quote:
Oh, and there was the Indiana Jones tune somewhere in there. From The Last Crusade, I suppose.
That was #28 (Discworld); it's a parody.

OK, so that's 12/36. A third. I'm sure you guys can do better.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]