View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 10:57 AM   #62
bulldog
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeysie
I generally think of "nice guy" as "good-hearted/kind guy" myself. However, when used in the old "girls don't like nice guys" argument, it generally has connotations of "gentlemanly", "respectful", "strait-laced", and/or "shy".

But anyway. Yeah, if I had a dime for every guy I heard say, "Why can't I find a girl who's geeky/plays D&D/likes sports/plays computer games/is a programmer/etc.," yet manages to completely ignore women who *are* like that (because they aren't total babes), I'd be rich.

Peace & Luv, Liz
well holy cow that has been me my whole life. The cute guys that I liked would pass me by and go over to the really cute girl and give me the cold shoulder. I later realized that it wasn't so much that I wasn't that I was a total babe or even that I was bad looking. I thought that I was just average. I had long curly sandy blond hair to the backs of my knees, 5’1, and I was heavy chested. So one day I asked one of my guy friends what the hell is wrong with me? he told me that the (popular guys) wouldn't go out with me b/c I wouldn't put out, and the “other” girls would. That was the problem in my high school, to much caring what is on the outside instead of what is in the inside.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky