View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 12:26 PM   #34
Flyboy
Live Slow Die Old

What does never having a partner have to do with it? That's all the more reason to look at men/women/animals/whatever gets you excited.

Personally, I've been in a very happy relationship for nearly a year and a half now, but I find that I still can't stop staring at women, even when I'm with my girlfriend.

In all honesty, I'd say it's the tits first (they create a nice focal point - hey, I'm only human), then the stomache, if it's exposed, then the face, then maybe the legs or something. At that point I just improvise. Like any straight man alive, I appreciate a good looking woman (a man who tells you otherwise is lying), but the only thing that could ever pull me in past the point of staring is personality. Intelligence, sense of humour and all the rest. These are the only traits that would actually have a lasting effect on me and truly make me like someone.

Now call me shallow, but if I'm in a bar and a couple of girls sit down at the next table and only one of them is reasonably attractive, I'm going to approach her first. Like she's some kind of magnet. If I find out she's boring/dumb, I'll move on to the next. I know it sounds simple, but I think it's a pretty basic human approach to these things.