View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 07:58 AM   #27
Gonchi
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

I don't like episodic games at all in their current state. I think I've mentioned all this several times now, in every thread we've had about episodic games, but hey, gotta raise that post count.

Yes, I'm afraid I'm a materialistic and shallow gamer, I want, nay, -need- a box I can put on my shelf so that all my materialistic and shallow gamer friends that come to my house can reel in envy at my latest purchase! In that regard, the box's cover art should be somewhat interesting and unique. I mean, it doesn't have to be a Picasso, but surely we can come up with something better than the protagonist's face over an ominous background...

I need a printed manual to be included inside the box, not one that I have to print out myself, not one I have to mail $5+ to Timbuktu to get, NO, it has to come in-the-CENSORED-box, and it has to be informative, interesting and lengthy, none of that "install guide" or "tech manual" that's three pages long crap, I want something I can read while I'm taking a crap!

I need it to come on a CD or DVD, because... well... it'd need too many floppy disks otherwise, even for an episodic game...

Finally, I need the price to be reasonable! Have some common sense! You can't go around smacking $80 price tags on games with only 18 to 24 hours of play, it doesn't matter how much love and care you've put into making it, precious few games are actually worth that nowadays, and yours, I'm afraid, probably isn't one of them.

So summing up, my stance on any and every episodic game is and shall always be that: if they release all the episodes in a "compilation", sell it in a box, with a printed manual, for a reasonable price... then, I might buy it.