View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 01:42 PM   #9779
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
I concur. At a pinch I use mine to make texts (though I'm hopelessly inept at typing the damn things), but I prefer to use phones for what they were originally intended: making telephone calls.

I've never written an SMS in my life, partly because I hate it if people try to tell me what to do when they don't have a right to tell me anything (if they are nice, or have a right to tell me what to do, that's alright). I hate it to be manipulated (that's why it usually hits a nerve when any character in any game [often NWN] is manipulating my character. They should be glad I am unable to play evil characters, or they'd be at the receiving end of my wrath. I do usually play Chaotic Good though, so they're not entirely safe. Except in Aielund, where I ended up as Neutral Good after being too loyal to the country - Then again, I could use a higher tendency towards Chaotic in Aielund, because if I become Lawful I won't be able to rise up any more levels as a bard. So beware the Loony if you're going to cross or manipulate her!), it's the one thing that really makes me furious. And then there along comes a phone - a bloody *THING* - and tries to tell me what word it is I am writing! It would be only half as bad if it suggested the right word, but *NO* it suggests something completely wrong! EVIL!!!

On a side note, I am reading "The History of the English Language" right now, which starts as follows:

Quote:
In the beginning there was an island off the coast of Europe. It had no name, for the natives had no language, only a collection of grunts and gestures that roughly translated to "Hey!", "Gimme!", and "Pardon me, but would you happen to have any woad?"

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!