View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 11:01 PM   #64
CrimsonBlue

Yeah, Silent Hill 1 and 2 were excellent, 3 were just okay, but 4 was... horrible. I think it's starting a wear a little thin by now. Strange though, because the Resident Evil concept never seems to grow old, even though I find the first two Silent Hills miles better than any Resident Evil game. Well, apart from Resi 4, but that's a different genre altogether.

Ninja Gaiden, I find that one of the most overrated games of all time. First, it's a genre I can like, second, it's incredibly dull in leveldesign and background graphics really aren't that great. The fighting engine's quite awesome, I'll give it that, but the rest is subpar.

Also, as adventure games go, Gabriel Knight (the series) is incredibly overrated. I mean, sure, it's got some good things going for it, but the whole thing is so lacking of polish it hurts. I mean, the most polished game in the series was probably Beast Within, but it's also the weakest part of the series.

That said, I like both games series (Ninja Gaiden and Gabriel Knight), but think they're both incredibly overrated.