View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 03:21 PM   #9
Alliance
One Unlikely Hero

Send a message via Yahoo to Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
If you're gonna remake something (which you shouldn't in my humble opinion, but that's another story), why retrace the original graphics pixel by pixel? It would make more sense to me to, you know, bring something original to the table while still keeping the basic gameplay and script from the original in tact. I just don't get it. It's like that Gus Van Sant remake of Psycho a few years ago. What's the bloody point??

Anyway, I know this has been discussed to death on this forum, so I'm not going to get into it now. All I'm saying is, if you're going to redo something, you might as well inject a bit of yourself into the project, and I'm not just talking about throwing in more colours and weird shading.
You're right. And that's what we're doing. Our artist, Visionmind, is hard at work doing his own renditions of the screens. Granted, the colors aren't the best, and we're always open to more people joining the team. If it really matters that much, and you're good with this stuff, feel free to join.

Quote:
2) You need a good artist. Retracing old material at least guarantees a ''professional'' look to a certain degree.
You're also right. A bit of nostalgia lies in seeing your favorite screen layed out the exact same way it was, but with far more detail (look at AGDI's King's Quest I remake).
Don't you worry, though, we'll do our best.