View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 02:28 AM   #26
Jelena
Lazy Bee

Norway has definitely the most dramatic landscape, no doubt. We've got mountains as well, but of a different kind than Norway. I don't recommend you to see them.
Stockholm, the south of Sweden and the west coast is really beautiful. (And not as expensive as Norway) But I guess you have similar places (small villages, cute cottages, fishing ports) in France.
I've posted a number of links and pictures of Stockholm in Wormises thread eariler this summer if you'd like to check it out.

I think Denmark is a great place to go to. Kopenhagen has such atmosphere. The west coast of the island Jylland has wonderful beaches and on the northenmost point in Skagen you can see two seas meet.

From Kopenhagen you can rent a car and drive over (there's also a train )the bridge to see some of Sweden as well.

The capital of Finland Helsinki is very beautiful. Except for that I've only seen the very north of Finland and I guess you're not going there anyway.

I've also visited Scotland and I'm absolutely in love with that part of the world.