Thread: Psychonauts
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 02:35 AM   #12
Terramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpson_yellow
Sounds like I might have to give Discworld Noir a go. Do you have to be a Discworld fan to gain full appreciation of the game?
No, i don't think so. There may be some intertextual jokes based on the characters in the books, but the game parodies Noir movies like the old Bogart ones from the Golden Hollywood era.

Noir is nothing like the first two (possibly the reason why it didn't do so well, seeing the absence of Rincewind).

Of course, I love this game so I may be a little biased to that... well, I want everyone to play it, but at 5 pound brand new, it's not expensive even if you'd have to import to the other side of the world.

the game is far from perfect with it aging a little but... please give it a go. If you like darker games (but with comical touches).

that velvet level somehow reminded me of Fur Fighters and Jet Set Radio on the Dreamcast. it somehow felt retro to me lol.

I received the soundtrack recently only to find that Napoleon's level music isn't on there >...<

Also, I'd agree that not enough minds were explored. I for one was a little bit disappointed that I never found out what was in Dogan's mind *makes you think*

In fact, a thread that I don't think i started that i was going to was asking 'If you could go in any mind in Psychonauts, who would it be?'

But if any of you are willing, I wouldn't mind starting the thread here.