View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 09:28 PM   #55
Sage
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz
Peanuts to you, I'm afraid - around the 100 degrees Fahrenheit mark. Still, it's not cool (urgh - I didn't even intend that) in a country entirely geared up for cold weather and rain.

Here are a few lollercoasting stories about how we can't cope with any adverse weather whatsoever. The roads are melting, it's too hot for air conditioning on trains and I think some of the railway tracks are buckling as well. It allegedly reached 47 degrees Celsius (116 Fahrenheit) on the London Underground on Monday.

Basically we're just incompetent in any weather other than "light drizzle, slightly cloudy" (witness the country grinding to a halt if a millimetre of snow falls in winter), but hey. It's our "thing"!
100 degrees Fahrenheit is seriously hot no matter where you are, but especially so if you're not used to it or prepared for it. I have always lived in a place where that is not an unusual temperature during the summertime, so it doesn't affect me the way it does you and I'd never expect you to tolerate such temperatures as easily as I do.

Share the love.

<3

Last edited by Sage; 07-19-2006 at 07:04 AM.