View Single Post
Old 01-27-2004, 04:17 AM   #94
DomStLeger
Whinging Pom

Send a message via ICQ to DomStLeger Send a message via MSN to DomStLeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan
While I believe some if not most, of truth is gray and not black or white, this doen't mean all of truth is gray. To equate the Palestinian terrorists organizations with the Israeli democratic government, is frankly a particularly pernicious use of the moral equivalency arguments which imply rational thought is impossible.
A blind belief in the moral superiority of democratic government is equally dangerous. If we're talking morals, then I don't think it's unfair to say that some of the actions carried out by the israeli government have been just as morally reprehensible as the actions of palestinian terrorist organisations such as Hamas. For example, Israel has used some of the modern weaponry at their disposal, such as helicopter gunships, smart missiles etc against suspected terrorist target. Unfortunately the best place for terrorists to hide is in highly populated areas. So when the Israeli government uses such tactics against terrorists, in built up regions such as Gaza, they know it is highly likely that innocents will die too.

They can forsee civilian death, yet they carry out their actions anyway. In my eyes that makes them just as morally corrupt as the terrorist organisations. The difference between intending civilian death and forseeing it is very small indeed. That is why I cannot accept the "colateral damage" arguement, and that is why I firmly believe both sides are as bad as each other.
Still Get Mozilla Firefox! Forget that Chrome and IE rubbish!