Thread: Are you a nerd?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 11:59 AM   #19
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk
Ahhh, I know this one! Geeks are those dudes in carnivals who eat bugs and small animals while they're still alive, like The Enigma (think I saw him on Penn & Teller). So yeah, they probably bite the heads off chickens too.

I used to be a pretty big film geek when I was at school (pre-college), mostly cos I had nothing better to do with my time. I don't have the time to watch many films these days though. I try to keep up with Asian horrors and thrillers when I can, so I guess I still have geekish tendencies.

Well, the definition I knew for "geek" was always "A person that bites off the heads of life chickens at carnivals." - You should see the face of people if they inquire what a "geek" is (which happened several times to me, since I wear one of those "geek girl" dogtags you can buy from ThinkGeek.com. Another sign that the groups are not as defined here in Germany is the fact that this also happened in my school, which has English as the language of instruction. Few people actually know what a geek is around here, it seems. And if you think about it, it's quite hard to put a definition to the word. So I just tell them the classic definition, and watch their expression shift to one of sheer terror. ) and get this definition as an answer. Priceless!

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!