Thread: Are you a nerd?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 11:15 AM   #15
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

I'm a geek. I love many things that are considered geeky, and never really fit in with the hip crowd (though you have to note that here in Germany the groups are probably not as clearly defined as they are in the US. There's many shades of grey). I can rant on about a topic and will be happy as long as people are listening. Often they only understand half of it, even if for those short times my ranting makes sense (depends on the topic of course).

I have recently explained the past and current state of Sierra, LucasFilm Games/LucasArts, the Adventure Genre, the irrational plot of Monkey Island 4 (and how it was impossible to have an Australian Land Developer in the Carribbean during the high time of piracy in that area which ended around 1720 when it wasn't until 1770 that Captain Cook started to map the shore of Australia.) in relation to "Pirates of the Caribbean 2", and how there's still hope for the Adventure Genre as there's new ones coming out in Europe...as a post in a thread titled Free Joghurt for all!!! - That was only yesterday, come to think of it.

I've also explained the subtle differences in the connotation the term "suburban" (and to a certain degree "urban" and "rural") holds depending on which country the suburban areas are located and how it varies depending on different factors like history of cities and whether the country is an LEDC or MEDC...all in a thread called Calling all Males! (or maybe it was in the thread Calling all Females!. The discussions shift widely in those threads. The last I know that happened in "Calling all Males!" was one forum member throwing shoes at one forum member/one forum member's ground squirrel seen in their avatar, and me pinning the shoe thrower's sleeve to the wall with a well aimed arrow from my bow, in mid-throw. I can't remember what we are currently talking about in "Calling all Females!". I've found that after leaving the thread for 4 hours to get some sleep, 4 new pages were there upon my return. But most of the anwers are quite short.)

I've also explained how similar the first two Monkey Island games are to the PotC movies, and why (we all know why, because they are inspired by the same thing)...in a thread that was actually about the movies, for a change. The fun thing is, that while the other two detailed posts were hardly understood by the other forum members (mostly due to the fact that in that part of the forum people are a bit reading lazy. They usually write something like "Uhh...that's too much for me to read...". There's more than a few one or two word posts in that forum section.), this post was actually understood, and people agreed that Barbosa looks incredibly like LeChuck. Maybe it's because I used pictures to illustrate my point (I showed them the picture from where LeChuck is flying in the air above Melee island, and the box art of Monkey Island 2. I also showed them the picture comparing the scene in the prison from the PotC ride in DisneyWorld with the same scene in Monkey Island 2.).

And at one point I did a geek test, and despite not knowing too many programming languages and such stuff, my result was "Geek God".

Oh, and of course I am a Loony.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!