View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 06:44 AM   #66
Junkface
Grah! Grah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udvarnoky
Who said he's a writer or designer for the game?
I suppose I kind of assumed so, what with it seemingly being his concept and that he appears to be the driving force behind the project. It's also possible I read it in some interview a while back, but I'd have no idea where. The new adventure advocate interview gives that impression too. And anyway, even if others are handling writing and design they remain every bit as much of an unknown, if not more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrious
We published a new interview with Bill Tiller here :
http://adventureadvocate.gr/html/pag...interviews.php
Enjoy
Good interview. I may not be ready to enthusiastically jump behind the game as a whole, but using the Secret of Monkey Island as a model for design is definitely an encouraging sign. I've found myself gawking at the two boathouse images continually over the past few hours. You wouldn't be able clarify if the coloured one is a screenshot or just a concept, would you?

I'm eager to learn more about how exactly the 3D approach will work. If the camera simply moves from side to side it's not such a big deal; parallax scrolling has served us well for years. On the other hand, I keep having, perhaps premature, visions of the camera beginning the boathouse scene in a close view, like the second picture, then gloriously pulling back as Mona descends the stairs, settling on a wide view similar to the uncoloured sketch. That would be something I could definitely get excited over.