View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 11:47 AM   #23
eriq
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShift
Oh my god, Eriq, your computer station gives me chills! Is that...is that a cintiq tablet I see you have there? I oh, so want one of those! I'm all flustered and jealous now...

Also, I wanted to say how impressed I am with your work. Puts a smile on my face each time I take a gander at the website. Nice jobs.
Thank you! All the praise in this thread has made my horrible case of the scabies seem 100% better. Yes, it's true. I have mites all over my body. And yet I STILL managed to pull off launching the site on time. Needless to say, I am itchy, hungry, and not looking very good. LOL. It's true... you have to "suffer for the art" sometimes don't you?

Now on to your question... the monitor on my desk is, in fact, the ridiculously amazing Wacom Cintiq 21" tablet monitor. Without it, I don't know if I could have pulled off painting the box cover in the time I did. I am not a very good "traditional" painter so having the benefits of digital technology at my hands is a real bonus - especially when it's something as cool as drawing right on the screen. How much more natural can you get? The secret to the monitor is to configure the side tabs and "quick buttons" to mimic your workflow. I use Painter and Photoshop. It's really changed the way I work. I'm impressed you noticed!