View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 01:03 AM   #33
MoriartyL
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak
I for one wouldn't want to post the ideas that I had spent so much time thinking about and not even get responses about how to improve the idea or positive feedback or whatever.
Have you even looked at the thread? We're building on each other's ideas and giving positive feedback all the time! (Or maybe that's just me.) Again, you're using an old post to judge a new one which serves a different function, following different rules. The two are not exactly comparable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan
That's missing the point though. What I meant was some people won't respond because that's not the way they express their creativity. That doesn't make their lack of repsonse bad which is what you seemed to be saying.Then I hope you won't take it too hard when I say you're a fool.
Thanks for the... um, constructive criticism there.

Quote:
If people wanted to share innovative ideas about games then someone would have done it already.
No, they wouldn't. Most of the time when I have an idea, I don't share it because there's no social construct in place to allow for it. Writing a whole thread is not a good option because that assumes that the idea is good enough to be taken as a thread-starter. The issue is not that I never have ideas to share- it's that I don't have a place to share them. I figure most of the people around here have ideas about AGs, and they don't share them because it's socially awkward.

Quote:
Essentially by creating this thread you've decided what other people on the forum think solely because they PLAY AGs. What's more you've also decided that none of them are smart enough to think of setting up a thread themselves to discuss ideas.
I'm the fool here?! Please. I have no idea what ideas people will think of- that's why it's open for any ideas. But when people have an interest in something, it is my assumption that they tend to think about it. Is this a faulty assumption?- do we have waves of braindead AG fans around here? Your second criticism is twice as ludicrous! When did I ever say this was such a crazy idea to start a thread like this? As Intrepid Homoludens delights in showing us, this was not the first thread of its kind. But what difference does that make? If I start a thread about teenaged adventure heroes, that makes me a fool for "deciding that no one else was smart enough to start it for me"? If I start a thread about the evolution of the point-and-click interface, that makes everyone else an idiot? What the hell are you talking about? I set up a thread because I thought it would be a good addition to the social environment. For that, I'm a fool?

Quote:
What were you expecting? Waves of gratitude for you having been clever enough to think of creating the thread. That's pretty insulting really.
I was expecting (assuming that the people here are of the same species as me) that people would recognize the need for an outlet for creativity and use it. This isn't about me- if no one acknowledged that I had started the thread, I wouldn't have cared. Stop twisting the issues so that they fit your argument.